A very informative report on our forests and water. There is a reason we see those lumber trucks in our community.
Your CREDIT SCORE has an impact on your mortgage rate and what you’ll pay for that new house in the long run.
A good article found in US News may be helpful information as you consider purchasing your new home:in “What Credit Score Do You Need to Buy a House?”
The first impression is extremely important, and in many cases we only get one opportunity to make that impresssion. These tips and my home preparation tips can assist preparing your home for buyers.
Protect your home from break-ins. Be aware and take appropriate steps to protect yourself. A good resource for building your checklist can be found at SafeHome.org
Take aways from the Home Price Expectations Survey: Q2 2019 Survey:
- Home values will appreciate by 4.1% in 2019
- The average annual appreciation will be 3.2% over the next 5 years
- The cumulative appreciation will be 16.8% by 2023
- Even experts representing the most “bearish” quartile of the survey project a cumulative appreciation of over 6.7% by 2023
Using the projections from the HPES, here is a look at the potential equity a family could earn over the next five years if they purchased a $250,000 home in January of 2019: Based on gains in home equity, their family wealth could increase by $42,000 over that five-year period.
If you don’t yet own a home, now may be the time to purchase. Owning or moving up to your dream home could allow you to ride the increase in equity of a growing asset.
Don’t you just love those home improvement shows on TV. Some of those ideas look very appealing but you may live to regret implementing them.
Consider taking out cabinets and having floating shelves; they may be clever but may be impractical. Other decisions such as a “modern” color might be less inviting than warm colors. For more, take a deep breath and consider…
California housing affordability climbs in first quarter 2019, C.A.R. reports
Thirty-two percent of California households could afford to purchase the $545,820 median-priced home in the first quarter of 2019, up from 28 percent in fourth-quarter 2018 and up from 31 percent a year ago.
- A minimum annual income of $114,860 was needed to make monthly payments of $2,870, including principal, interest and taxes on a 30-year fixed-rate mortgage at a 4.62 percent interest rate.
- Forty-one percent of home buyers were able to purchase the $450,000 median-priced condo or townhome. An annual income of $94,690 was required to make a monthly payment of $2,370.
Three Local Counties
|STATE/REGION/COUNTY||1st Qtr. 2019||4th Qtr. 2018||1st Qtr. 2018||Median Home Price||Monthly Payment Including Taxes & Insurance||Minimum Qualifying|
Source: CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (www.car.org) is one of the largest state trade organizations in the United States with more than 200,000 members dedicated to the advancement of professionalism in real estate. C.A.R. is headquartered in Los Angeles.
Hiring the right experts is important in learning more about the characteristics of a home. Experts can evaluate systems, hidden flaws, pests, roof, water and septic systems.
Again, using the experts is important in knowing about your home investment.